Product Recall Hosting Service
All consumer products that develop a safety issue are covered by the General Product Safety Regulations 2005 which require the manufacturer (or distributor) to contact consumers and inform them of the recall.
This is often much more difficult than you would think.
Many consumer products are sold without the purchaser's details being recorded and therefore the customer contact details are not known. Even when the purchaser is recorded this information can quickly get out of date as the products are sold on, the customer moves, etc.
We own and manage RecallUK the UK’s leading product recall web site. This site contains basic information on all UK product recalls and typically appears near the top of any recall search in Google.
In addition to the free service we provide we can also host recall specific web pages for manufacturers and distributors to provide more detailed information about their recall. This information can be used to supplement the data on their own sales web sites or, in many cases, replace it completely.
We can also provide the facility to check whether a customer’s product is affected by the recall.
The advantages of this service are:-
- It helps manufacturers and distributors meet their legal obligations
- The recall page can be up and running within 24 hours
- Avoids significant changes to the manufacturer's main sales sites
- Only a link to the RecallUK page is required
- Avoids mixed sales/recall information on sales web site
- Reduces manufacturer's own web site costs
- Reduces recall traffic to manufacturer's sales web sites
- Provides a bigger “internet presence” for smaller manufacturer's than their own sites could provide
This service works well with our Product Recall Processing Service which manages the customer recall processing that will be generated by recall communications.
To find out more about our service please contact us on +44(0)1635 800180 or email us at CommsTracker